Saturday, June 21, 2014

Workin workin workin

Working my first ever 13 hour shift today, on break right now. Insanity! Old settlers day is coming up this weekend in my beautiful hometown. Hopefully, I'll be able to hang with some friends and get some elephant ears! :P Cannot wait!
 
My observation today is on overthinking. We as human beings tend to overthink everything. I'll use my sister as an example. Me and her are avid fantasy readers, and one of our favorite book series is the Eragon cycle. Before the fourth book came out, we had conversations for hours and hours about what was gonna happen in the end of the series. We were both taken by surprise with what turned out. (No, I wont ruin it for anyone! Read it, you wont regret it. Ya know, spoilers) But we do the same thing with life quite often. We think and think and think about how its gonna happen, with the evidence of a situation placed before us, and then the course of action takes us by surprise. It all comes down to worry. Do we trust that everything will work out for the better? Do we trust that God has a plan for our lives? God has our best interests in mind, and sometimes we can't see it, but someday we will look back and see how many times he was on your team. I fall back on this verse a lot, because its my life verse and it pertains to all of us.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Don't worry, He's got me, you, and everyone else in mind. It's all gonna work out to the betterment of you and to the glory of Him. :)
 
And our daily comic relief:





 

No comments:

Post a Comment