Friday, June 27, 2014

It wasn't....Intentional

Today I've got a load of stuff to do, and looking forward to it! start work over lunch, and then off to our regular bible study at my place. Then me and some friends are going to the fair downtown! Gonna be an awesome night!

Today I was thinking about intentions. It really is a interesting concept if you think about it. Basically intentions are the reasoning behind an individual's action. The interesting thing about it is how that intention interacts with others. For example, say you want to buy a gift for somebody. Your intention is to do something nice for that person, right? Well say that that person had already has plenty of gifts that day, and just doesn't seem excited about your gift. I think that especially in situations like this, good intentions get mixed up, and lead to miscommunication. It has to do with both sides experiences to that specific action. Here's another example. Some people love to wrestle for fun, just like to get down in the dirt and have a good time, and think nothing of it. I, on the other hand, have had some...painful experiences wrestling and don't enjoy it. I was once tackled, all in good fun, by a good friend, and due to past experiences, I had him pinned to the ground in a choke hold in a matter of seconds. See? His intention was to have some fun, but my experience told me that he was looking for a serious fight. Now, what do I want you to get out of this? Simply this: Next time somebody does something, whether anything from slap you on the back to buy you a gift, and it really gets on your nerves, for whatever reason. Think about it for a second, what do you think their intentions behind the action are?

And Today's laughs, and some words to think about.











No comments:

Post a Comment