Monday, June 23, 2014

Forgive and Forget

Again, another eventful day! Had a car show at work today, which unfortunately got canceled, so it became casual Monday. We had fun just joking around, but it still got pretty busy. It seriously poured right after my shift ended, so I stayed talking for a bit. I work with a wonderful group of people. Tomorrow is equally as busy, but I am looking forward to it. :)

Today's thoughts are on Forgive and Forget. We here this phrase often, from friends family, almost anyone. A lot of times it's right after a hard decision was made, or something was done against you. Actually, after a little research, I found something interesting. Never in the Bible does it say "Forgive AND Forget" Many times, we are commanded to forgive, here are just a few examples.
Ephesians 4:32    
32 hBe kind to one another, tenderhearted, iforgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
 
Luke 7:47-48 “…Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven—for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little.” And he said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” (Jesus speaking to the accusers and the woman caught in adultery)
But never does it tell us to forget. Just like we remember that a hot stove will burn us, we remember that certain people have the ability to hurt us emotionally. I think the idea the Bible is going for is: we forgive the offense, move on with the relationship, and put up proper defenses to not be burned again. I think we all know those people who are friends or in a relationship that look so happy, then you hear about them fighting, but the next day look like nothing happened. I am not saying that fighting that often is a good thing, but it is the model that we are looking for when you do have a quarrel with someone. You find what you love in that person, and remember those things when moving on. It should seem like nothing is wrong, because nothing is. We as humans are flawed beings.  We all have shortcomings and downfalls, and yet we look past it. Here is a quote I came up with awhile ago, "The hope in the human race is our ability to move past conflict, see the good in others, and love through it all."
 
As I'm headed off to bed, I cant post any pics tonight. :( Ill post a double portion tomorrow though!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment