Thursday, June 26, 2014

On another note...

Got another  day off, except for school, gotta know it. -_- But after that, I'm going out to the state park with a bunch of friends for a day on the beach! Hopefully headin home to finish my day with a decent amount of sleep for once.

Today, I want to talk about something that means a lot to me, and has been a very controversial thing in my life, not only in the past, but has come again recently. My topic today is music. In Christian circles, music has been the make or break of entire churches! This is just something that gets under my skin. We as humans are attracted to different things. To use a different example, I love video games, but my mom cant stand them. neither of us are wrong, just different interests. It's the same way with music. Some people like country, some like rap, some like pop, and so on. Some people like a little of everything, like me. What bothers me is that churches and Christians don't support a lot of different styles of music. For example, I've been to some churches where the only thing they sing is hymns, a few where all they sing is worship music, and even some all they'll sing is a country style. The common thing between these churches is, they all think that they are the only kind you can play. This is not right!

 Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
    Serve the Lord with gladness!
    Come into his presence with singing!
                                                   Psalm 100: 1-2

Everyone's joyful noise is different, not just one style. I love all styles of music (except heavy metal), and listen to all of it. But some people just love one type, and that's fine too. So don't get hung up by your friend who like rap music, that's his gig. I would even go as far to say, try a few songs, who knows?
Oh, I just want to throw this out here. This is my view on the subject, and serves only to get you thinking. I am always open to other opinions and interests, I am in no way saying that my word is law.

And here's todays laugh 'em ups!










No comments:

Post a Comment