Friday, January 9, 2015

Girls Girls Girls....

Today, I was thinking about why do guys like girls? Why do they feel an emotional attachment? I know that I have felt it in my life, and that people in my life feel it now. So why is that? 

I think a lot of my words were stolen right from my mouth in the words of the songs "God Made Girls" by Raelynn and "I don't Dance" by Lee Brice. Both are linked below:





So here some of my own thinking. 

So God made the world and Adam is sitting there naming the animals. And God looks at him, and see that he's lonely and tired. So God thinks about it, and says that He is going to make a partner for Adam. So he puts Adam down for a bit, steals his rib, and forms a woman.

So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."…
- Genesis 2:21-23

So off the bat, we are physically similar. I think thats the semblance God was going for, similar but not the same. I heard in a study that guys brains are organized in little boxes, which are pulled out one or two at a time, while a girl's brain is built like a ball of yarn, able to focus on quite a few things at once. We both have brains, but they function differently. 

Another is emotionally. If you know me, you know that I am not a typical guy. I dont think like most guys, and I can multitask a lot better. But still I have interests, and desires like guys would. So I can say from experience guys tend to be able to focus on one stressful situation at a time, overcome that, move on. While women are, or at least from my observation, able to focus on more like two or three situations. 

But none of these cover WHY that desire is there. Quite simply, God put it there. He said that woman would be a helper to the man and he would be the protector of her. I think naturally God put that urge on our hearts to protect the girls Us guys care about. Not just significant others(although that may be a stronger urge to do so there) but sisters, friends. I've been in a situation where a total stranger was being mistreat and I helped her. Its all in what God put in our heads. 

So why  do guys feel strong love for one particular girl? Because a sovereign God not only set up a system, called marriage, where we become "as one" with a certain person, but he also has a certain person in mind. I have talked to quite a few married couples, some who have dated a lot before marriage. They all say that every boyfriend or girlfriend they had was closer and closer to the interests and thinking that God had made compatible for them. Unfortunately the trial and error period is inevitable because of sin nature, but it is a journey to find that right one. So if you ever have that urge, and you wonder, seriously why is that, and i know it can be annoying at times. Remember, God put it there for a reason. 
 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’
-Matthew 19:5

22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[c] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
-Ephesians 5: 22-33 

One final thought. don't put down those feelings and turn them into depression, or aggression, confusion, or anything else like I and so many guys have done. Accept the fact that they exist, that there there, and don't be afraid to give them a healthy amount of thought. 

 Piracy is not a victim less crime.....And now for the part of the show Where I come out and let my sarcastic side take over. 
Uhhhhhh, well this is awkward...

Would someone like some cat with their Oreos? I didn't think so. 

Oh nonono, after you sir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment